Thomas MatherM.D., F.A.C.S. Request An Appointment
Dr. Mather is board certified in ophthalmology, a fellow in the American Society of Ophthalmic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and a fellow at the American College of Surgeons. He holds a teaching appointment in the Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina.
He has medical staff privileges at Roper and Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital, and Ralph H. Johnson Veteran’s Administration Hospital. Dr. Mather has also gained national exposure as a seasoned marathon runner and triathlete.
Dr. Mather has special interest in eyelid and facial rejuvenation. He has performed over 25,000 blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) procedures and has been injecting Botox since 1989. He offers all the latest developments in facial fillers.
- B.A. in Chemistry – Indiana University
- M.D. – Indiana University School of Medicine
- Internship – St. Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center, Indianapolis
- Ophthalmic Residency – Medical University of South Carolina
- Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – University of Arizona