- Certified Physicians Assistant
- Bachelor of Science degree (Biology): College of Charleston
- Bachelor of Science degree (Physician Assisting) Cum laude: Medical University of South Carolina
- Former clinical instructor, MUSC
- Adjunct faculty with the MUSC Physician Assistant program
- Member: American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Member: South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants
Malissa Sandhu works closely with Dr. Gene Howard, performing oculoplastic evaluations and assisting during surgical procedures.